Tuesday, January 14, 2014

This is an old one, but I love it

There's something to be said about someone who can be content even through a storm. Sometime the storm is a legitimate rain cloud floating above without any plans of clearing out. Sometimes the storm is actually more like a sprinkle, but because of worry and doubt we feel like it's The Storm of 1900.

I, for one, am not good at finding peace and contentment during my storms. Usually my storm is the latter; a light shower on the radar, but it feels like I'm in a hurricane. I do know, however, we serve an awesome and glorious God and no matter how much we doubt him, doubt ourselves, and worry our lives away, He pulls through. He hands us a raincoat, umbrella, and boots and helps us slosh through the puddles.

I love God's candidness. He is the All Powerful, the Great Redeemer, the Most Wonderful of Kings and he chooses to give us exactly what we need in the small and subtle aspects of life. It's not always ceremonious or showy, but it's always what we need when we need it. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean we always get what we Want. . . We get what we Need. Sometimes the plan we have mapped out isn't the plan God has.

I love how when I hear something on the radio that really strikes me I know it was intentional. I love how the sermons at church always seem to be exactly what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear them. I love how when someone shares a story of victory it gives me the confidence to conquer my fears.

God always pulls through and in the end we know that gearing up for the storm and facing it head on makes us better, stronger Christians, spouses, friends, parents, siblings, and children.

I'm so thankful I am a new creation (Rom 6:4-6) and God has totally transformed my heart and wiped my slate clean. We serve an awesome and powerful God who loves us deeply. This always leaves me in awe knowing he loves us more than we can even fathom. I'm so glad for the subtle reminders that I don't have to be perfect because Jesus was. We are no longer bound by sin. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. (prov 3:5)
And by doing this the storm might seem fun or at least manageable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment