Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Spiritual Battle (toxic thoughts continued)

The thoughts that take residence in our head should be those which propel us forward in every aspect of life. The negative thoughts we let in can be destructive in so many ways and we must wage war against them to stay mentally, spiritually, and physically healthy.

2 Corinthians 10 instructs us that this battle is like any other and we must seek God to reach victory against the thoughts the devil strategically places into our brain. We must be cognizant of the places our mind starts to wander and not allow it to fall into a trap of negative. When we start to dwell on something we must seek out scripture to help push these ideas out.

I struggle with the very idea of this. I tend to over analyze every situation and assume the worst possible scenarios. Overall I'm a pretty happy- go-lucky person, but I've allowed the devil to do a number on my thought process lately. No longer will this be the case, though.

Here's my prayer and scriptures to overcome the negative and toxic thoughts which rock us to the core and not in the way we should be rocked.

God, Help Me to seek you in my war on toxic thoughts. When these thoughts enter into my head help me to immediately kick them out. Help me to focus on all the positives in my own life and in other people. Help
Me always understand the lesson in each tough situation. Guide me in leading my family and friends to Christ. Allow me to work as your hands and feet each day. Let my actions speak louder than any words that may be preached. Give me the strength to always stay positive and eliminate worry, anger, guilt, and negative behavior. Thank you God for you truth and your grace. Please help me to show other people grace just as you've granted it to me. Amen.


2 Corinthians 10:1-6
Proverbs 4:1-27

No comments:

Post a Comment