Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trusting God

Serving at the Dream Center proved to be the highlight of my summer! It definitely helped me to step out in faith and meet new people, pray with people, and encourage people. 

Walking through Echo Park and inviting people to the Dream Center's Back-to-School Bash ended up being one of my favorite activities! Erica and I prayed with so many people! Until then, I haven't ever prayed for strangers on the street! It was so neat to offer prayers to people and for them to actually accept! We even had one sweet couple who prayed for us. It's powerful to share our love of Christ with others and to simply show them His love through our actions. We didn't overload people with Jesus, we simply showed them we cared about them and we engaged in conversation with them. 

Sometimes we try to make things too difficult. The truth is, you don't have to have all the Bible knowledge in the world to successfully lead people to Christ. Actually I'm pretty sure some of the most successful proselytizers simply show people they care. Sometimes the overbearing scripture-quoting Christ followers seem too intimidating to people, therefore pushing them away, rather than drawing them near. I'm not saying that to offend anyone, but to really drive home the simple fact that you don't have to be well versed in scripture to get people to follow. Simply witnessing love and compassion draws people to Christ. I'd like to think we planted seeds that day we walked Echo Park.

God is so good and I can't imagine living a life without Him. By accepting His son, we are guaranteed a spot in heaven and It's our job to make sure heaven is filling up!!! I don't want my influence to end in California... I want to continue to witness to people through my sincerity, my love, my compassion, and my smile. 

Let’s not get tired of doing good, because in time we’ll have a harvest if we don’t give up. So then, let’s work for the good of all whenever we have an opportunity, and especially for those in the household of faith. (Galatians 6:9, 10 CEB)


No comments:

Post a Comment